SALLY LINDERI bought my first property straight out of college. If there were grades for such things, I would have earned an A+ for location and style but barely a D for common sense. It was a disaster. Everything was broken. I knew how to fix none of it. When I sold it, I barely got out with my checkbook intact.
Understandably, I did not buy another piece of real estate for a decade. When I did, I apparently could not stop, becoming a buyer, seller, landlord, renovator, stager, creative financer, construction partner, arbitrator and a handier girl. So whatever you experience as a buyer or seller, I have almost surely been afflicted with the same.
Then there are my other jobs, such as magazine editor/publisher, management team of an international business organization, OU senior director of media relations and university spokesperson, and senior center director, to name a few. These jobs have called upon me to do everything from building business plans to implementing new software programs to creating maintenance plans for schools to serving on a critical incidence response team. I even trained several years to be an acupuncturist.
This oleo of experiences turned out to be great ingredients for piloting a real-estate agency and for delivering results to our clients that are unmatched. Even the acupuncture played a role (because sticking needles in someone’s face for the first time calls for masterful negotiating). The Don Linder Sales Team, of which I am a proud part, has sales records that not only stand out in our region but are among the best in the state. I attribute that to both the breadth and depth of knowledge each member brings to every unique situation. When we say that we are client centered and can customize services to fit even the most unusual or difficult circumstances, it is this broad experience we have to draw upon. That, and a simple formula: listen well, respect every person’s unique needs and be willing to do everything it takes.
A few other pertinent facts:
- Resident of southeast Ohio since 1991
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, Ohio Association of Realtors and Athens County Board of Realtors
- Member, Ohio Association of Realtors Forms Committee
- Military Relocation Professional
- Board member, Rural Action
- Board member (former) Ohio University Kennedy Museum of Art
- Board member (former) Dairy Barn Arts Center
- Board member (former) Friends of the Athens Public Library
- Published author and editor
- Co-owner, LCR Realty (formerly Larry Conrath Realty, which I have co-owned with Don Linder since 2011)