The best word to use when introducing Matt Gaiser is “Professional.”
Matt was raised in Appalachia and has been an Athens area resident since January 2000. Having obtained a degree in Culinary Arts from the prestigious Johnson & Wales University and being a certified chef, Matt came to Athens as a restaurant manager to open Damon’s restaurant. Since that time, he has become a licensed Realtor. In 2008, he completed a second degree, a Bachelor of Arts in Leadership and Ministry from Ohio Christian University in Circleville.
Matt and his wife Hillery both left the hospitality industry to start their family and launch new careers in real estate. Matt and Hillery believe that real estate is a people-focused, service oriented career path. Individual are making life changing decisions in buying and selling a home. Businesses are serving our community and creating jobs when they come and grow here. Matt and Hillery are committed to working for those making such decisions, obtaining the best possible fit for the want and needs of their clients.
Matt has been an active member of the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce since 2000. Matt has held positions as the co-chair and then chair of the Ambassador Committee. In 2002, Matt was voted as the “Ambassador of the Year” by his business peers in the Athens area.
Matt and Hillery are both hard working individuals and are fully committed to serving you and our community with their skills and energies.
Memberships and Offices held (past and present):
- Christ Community Wesleyan Church
- Treasurer 2007-present
- Small group leader
- Youth mentor
- Fellowship Committee
- Athens Area Chamber of Commerce
- Ambassador committee, co-chair and chair
- Ambassador of the Year 2002
- Green and White Club (Ohio University Athletic Support Club)
- Board Member
- Ohio Bobcat Club
- Athens Country Club
- Athens A.M. Rotary
- Hocking Valley Sportsmen Association
- Athens County Board of Realtors
- National Association of Realtors
- Ohio Association of Realtors
- Athens County Multiple Listing Service
- Pregnancy Resource Center
- Board Member
- Athens County Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- Athens County Children Services
- American Cancer Society
- Ohio University Athletics
- Campus Crusade for Christ
- Athletes in Action
- Long Time Supporter of Area 4-H